Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Love the Rain Most

"I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head. "

It rained today and it was the perfect sort of rain for frolicking about outside and getting drenched. But it's no fun going and there was nobody around who thought it was a pleasant idea at all. "Are you mad?" they all said. Mad! It's madness that you wouldn't want to! Sometimes I wonder about the people around. It isn't fun to dance alone, so I just sat outside and watched the precious rain for a bit. It's been so hot these couple of weeks and it was nice to welcome some cool weather, if only for awhile.

I've changed paper topics three times in the past day, and goody for me, I've got about a day left to cough something decent up. I am a pain. So I shall stop writing useless drivel and get back to work. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home