Sunday, April 29, 2007

Goodbye and Hello.

A officially checked out today, a week earlier than me since she's done with exams and with her internship around the corner. It's quite surreal because there hasn't been a week since we started out in hall where she hasn't been around. Even if there has been, her stuff's been around to act as a constant reminder of her returning presence. It's interesting because despite the fact that we've always done quite a bit of our own thing, being largely independent people, now looking across to complete emptiness feels strange and uncomfortable. I have grown reliant on her in at least some ways. Nobody gives sounder advice or bears with my ridiculousness quite so contently. There isn't anyone to look across and smile at and there is no more quiet company to enjoy. But well, it's not all lost considering the three months will fly, as time always does, and we'll be back here again.

It'll be quite an adjustment I think, not just one of not being around a person I've spend the most amount of time with, but to moving back home. I wonder how that'll be. It's been such a change being on my own. I've grown so much more than I thought, I enjoy my space, my independence and my being able to do anything I want, whenever. It'll be a change for the folks too, a welcomed one I'm sure, but after being apart for so long sans weekends which are short and count for little, I wonder how we'll all readjust. We will I'm sure. I ought to give them more of my time. Enjoying yourself away from people that are most important in your life can make you selfish, and I have to admit, I've been neglectful in some aspects. I miss the folks and my rolly and it'll be interesting to be home, to say the least.

"Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come , But I ain't the same
Mama, I'm Coming Home"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home