Sunday, April 15, 2007

So Where's My Moral Parallel?

"Attract me,
Till it hurts to concentrate.
Distract me,
Stops me doing work I hate
Just to show him how it feels,
I walk past his desk in heels,
One leg resting on the chair,
From the side, he pulls my hair.

Masculine you spin a spell
I think you'd wear me well
Where's my moral parallel?"

I like men. :)

I went to church today, and the good sir in the robe was preaching on the importance of faith. Apparently there are terrible people out there who while being christian, feel that they should allow their children to choose their own faith when the time comes, and not force religious doctrines down their throats.(So there, with such coinciding views, I fall under this category of people!) Why? Well, we make so many decisions for our children, we give them names for example, without letting them go nameless till they decide that they might fancy Jesus or Mary. We send them to school, imposing on them our beliefs when it comes to education. Hence, how can we live bereft of consistency! If we choose to send Rosieposie for ballet classes, it is only right to send her to church too! Logic my dears, it all comes down to logic. It's not so much about the importance of faith, but that we need to be consistent. People can be such funny creatures. I think my mother is silently worried about my salvation. Oh mummy, worry not.

Anyhow, on the topic of religion, I think I must stop ascribing to different religious beliefs. I have moved through Catholicism, Agnosticism, Atheism and right down to Deism and I have finally realised I am probably a bit of everything but I cannot thoroughly conceptualise what on earth that is supposed to mean. Perhaps things are not meant to be so rigidly defined to the confines of a particular premise. But I think for the understanding of my own self, I need to know to some extent, Who I am. So, for the moment, I shall suspend all religious beliefs and become instead the Religious Observer, this being held until I can get enough understanding of everything I need to understand to become something more definitive. Objectivity makes me happy!

So you can believe in god and I, in Alice in Wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home