Sunday, May 20, 2007

Enough of Thought, Philosopher!

I had breakfast with a couple of old junior college friends today. It's been a long time and it was refreshing to see familiar faces once more. From the furtive, hald-amused looks exchanged between Grinch and myself, little has changed and it was cosy in some matter to feel that idiosyncracies transform into endearments over time. It's the silly things about your friends, the habits you'd always found bizarre or rolled your eyes at, that at the end of the day hold possession of your fondest memories and bring about a knowing smile.

Hors De Prix was quite a turn-off in all it's superficiality. I can't appreciate shows when I cannot identify with the lead characters and here you have a wench who indulges in promiscuous and materialistic relationship abuse and an absolute pusstard for a male. (pardon-moi for the bluntness, but I absolutely cannot tolerate a man with no balls. period.) But as usual, it's not so much the activity but the company and with Rosie, that is always good. Je t'aime beaucoup, beaucoup!

It's at the end of such days that I really appreciate the fortune I've had in meeting all the people I have, how much they have shaped me and how much more of a person I am because of them. Despite any degree of independence or how used you are to doing things on your own and relying on yourself, we all need people and I can't be more grateful for the ones I already have. (:

"Enough of thought, philosopher!
Too long hast thou been dreaming
Unlightened, in this chamber drear,
While summer's sun is beaming!
Space-sweeping soul, what sad refrain
Concludes thy musings once again?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home